Our online GCSE English Course is the international version or International GCSE (IGCSE). This course aims to widen your vocabulary and improve your use of grammar, punctuation and spelling. You will gain skills through your study of material from different sources including literary material, non-literary material and media. You will also learn how to use written English for a variety of purposes from imaginative writing to making reports.
Our online GCSE English Course enables students to:
- Read a range of material from a variety of sources, including literary material, non-literary material and media
- Read for a variety of purposes with understanding and enjoyment
- Use written English for a variety of purposes such as narration, argument, giving instruction and information, imaginative writing, making reports and demonstrating understanding of content, paying due attention to the appropriateness and quality of written expression.
Our online GCSE English Course includes:
- Our own virtual learning environment: giving you 24/7 access to all your materials
- Online lessons and assessments – allowing you to study on any Smart Device
- Interactive study environment, where you can engage in group collaboration with fellow students
- Up to 12 months of tutor support – to help you to achieve your learning goals
- Digital and downloadable resources – all included in course fees
- Live chat functionality with your tutor – giving you immediate access to any help you need
- Direct links to learning enrichment resources – enhancing your learning experience.
IGCSE English Course structure
- Reading and Writing
- Common errors
- Punctuation rules and conventions
- Nouns, adjectives, verbs and adverbs
- Sentence structure
- Presentation of essays.
As you progress through the online GCSE English Course sections you will encounter lessons, activities, exercises, core reading and assessments.
You will be subject to regular assessment throughout your online GCSE English Course. These assessments do not count towards your final mark, but are used to gauge your progress and to prepare you for the Final Examination. The online GCSE English Course includes the following assessment elements:
- Activities and exercises
- Multiple choice tests
- Short answer questions
- Past exam papers
- Mock final exam
Exams for the Edexcel IGCSE English syllabus (Specification B) (4EB0) are held twice a year: January and May/June. Exam timetables are published 12 months in advance and are available upon request.
Exam fees are additional to the course fees. These are payable to the centre where you sit your exam.
Awarding Body Information
Our IGCSE English Course is written to the Edexcel IGCSE English syllabus (Specification B) (4EB0).
Edexcel is the UK’s largest awarding body offering academic and vocational qualifications and testing to schools, colleges, employers and other places of learning in the UK and internationally. The International GCSE is an exact equivalent to the standard GCSE, more information on which can be found on the Edexcel IGCSE page.
A core element of your Online GCSE English Course is access to a dedicated academic tutor.
You will be assigned a tutor when you enrol who will support you for 12 months. Support extensions are available upon request.